For some people this holiday season you can add last minute healthcare shopping to the list of to-dos. Because, if you don’t have, but want healthcare coverage by January 1st, you will need to enroll by December 23rd.
Access Health CT, the State’s healthcare exchange and its partners, are working hard to get people enrolled. With 1,400 people enrolling per day, the State’s healthcare exchange is on track to having 60,000 people obtain healthcare coverage by the end of the year. They’ve created many opportunities for people to learn and enroll for healthcare coverage. For you last minute healthcare shoppers, here are six ways to do it:
- Visit the State’s healthcare exchange website.
- Make an appointment with an In-Person Assister. Assisters are trained individuals who work for community-based organizations; they provide one-on-one education and help you enroll for Medicaid or private insurance. A licensed broker helps you select a plan for you and/or your family. There are hundreds of trained assisters and licensed brokers ready to help you, click here to find one near you. Here’s a checklist of items you will need to bring to your meeting.
- Visit your nearest Enrollment Center. Modeled after Apple stores, Connecticut was the first State in the nation to open an enrollment center where trained assisters and brokers offer in-person guidance. Enrollment centers are located in New Haven and New Britain and appointments can be made online here.
- Attend an enrollment fair. These events held throughout the state use trained experts to assist residents, small business owners and their employees to enroll in healthcare plans. Find an enrollment fair near you here.
- Ask your neighborhood health center for help. Community health centers, like Community Health Centers, Inc. serve as “Certified Application Counselor” organizations, and have qualified staff or volunteers who can help with the enrollment process.
- Last but not least, you can call Access Health CT at (855) 805-4325.
So get to it – the December 23rd deadline is just around the corner. Healthcare coverage is a great holiday gift to yourself.