Things to Remember When Writing:
- Have a creative title.
- Have an introduction that attracts interest and makes the reader want to read further. You want to state the purpose in the beginning.
- Use headings, subheadings, bold font for key sentences and bulleted lists so it is easy to read.
- Word count: 400 – 800 words. If it’s longer than 800 words then it will need to have subheadings.
- Write in a style that is conversational.
- Offer links that support your argument or data points. By contributing content / blog posts, the author is solely responsible for the accuracy of their submission including the accuracy in citation.
- Have a conclusion. Sometimes a call to action or pose a question that encourages the readers to comment, reflect and engage.
- Have an author bio at the end. Two sentences max. Here’s an example: “C. Brandon Ogbunu, Ph.D. is a New York City native, completed his M.Phil and Ph.D at Yale University in Microbiology. Academic, pugilist and writer. Connect with Brandon on twitter. Learn more about Brandon here.”
- Have a head shot image to send.
- Health Justice CT does not accept profanity, affiliate links, and spam in a blog post.
Once you have submitted your blog we will review that post and will be in touch on whether or not we can publish the article. Please note, we have the right to edit blog posts as we see fit. Please do not get upset if revisions and recommendations are made; we want your blog post to be as successful as possible. We will send a revised draft for a courtesy review with a proposed published date.
If there are personal images you would like to use please make sure they are copyright free. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of submission and properly citing images.
Health Justice CT (HJCT) retains the copyright of all material published on HealthJusticeCT.org, although the author may re-link to the original post two weeks after its original published date.
Health Justice CT reserves the right to promote blog posts on various search engines and social media channels.