The 2013 Health Justice Challenge has begun, and we’re looking for videos to encourage community members to obtain health insurance through Connecticut’s healthcare exchange. We are giving cash prizes for the most impactful video on enrollment; and anyone living in Connecticut can submit a video.
Here are six tips to create a winning video.
1. Read the rules carefully. Most importantly, remember that the submission deadline is December 20th at 11:59 pm.
2. Chose a specific audience you are planning to create your video message for. This year we are asking you to focus on communities of color, students of color or others eligible for Medicaid. For more information on how the ACA benefits communities of color read these fact sheets, or Medicaid eligibility here.
3. Pick how you are you going to deliver your message. Here are some ideas:
- Create a short movie or skit about enrollment or to share a personal success story about how enrollment has helped you or your family.
- Perform a song or dance: Create an original song, rap battle, music video, etc. This video created by APIAHF is a creative example.
- Make a video animation: We know not everyone can create a video like this one from the Kaiser Family Foundation, but here’s a creative example from the Young Invincible Video Contest.
- Create a public service announcement about enrollment. You can include information on how to enroll, where to enroll and when to enroll.
4. Make sure information on where to enroll and when to enroll is mentioned in your video. Direct viewers to the state’s healthcare exchange, which is Access Health CT at www.AccessHealthCT.org and the next enrollment period ends on March 31, 2014.
5. Make sure information in your video is accurate, if you include statistics or facts. Please provide references/citations either in your video or in the end credits.
6. Once your video is submitted, encourage your friends and family watch, vote, “like,” share or comment on your video. The official “viewing and voting” period will begin January 8, 2014.
We will be taking questions via Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #hjctchallenge. Please call us at (860) 263-9204 or email us with questions or comments.
More than $10,000 in cash prizes is at stake, so please take the challenge and submit a video!