This thanksgiving, will you help us give thanks to the affordable care act?
Because of the Affordable Care Act millions of people now have access to quality and affordable healthcare.
We want to spread the word about the ways the ACA is helping and give thanks by sharing this hashtag: #ThanksACA
It’s important that we use this time to remind people that the ACA works for Connecticut residents and millions of Americans because:
- Insurance companies can longer deny coverage because of a pre-existing condition, like breast cancer or diabetes.
- Women no longer pay more than men for the same health insurance coverage.
- Preventive care services like mammograms and early detection of critical illnesses are available
- Insurance companies can no longer raise rates without justification.
- Young adults have gained health insurance because they can now stay on their parents’ health plans until age 26.
Each post on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag “#ThanksACA” will become a part of this social media effort.
On Wednesday, November 26th from 3pm to 4pm, the #hcsmct group (healthcare social media Connecticut) is organizing a twitter storm to tweet #thanksACA messages.
Here’s how to get started:
— Health Justice CT (@HealthJusticeCT) November 24, 2014
C. You can also upload these sample images for #ThanksACA created by Universal Health Care Foundation (right click on the image and save as image).
Here’s a blank template so that you can create your own messages (font used: footlight MT with bold & shadow effects)