Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace begins in less than a month.
Below is information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on how many uninsured Connecticut residents are eligible for coverage through the Marketplace.
- 242,738 (8%) are uninsured and eligible
- 176,124 (73%) have a full-time worker in the family
- 98,487 (41%) are 18-35 years old
- 133,199 (55%) are White
- 31,910 (13%) are African American
- 58,771 (24%) are Latino/Hispanic
- 12,671 (5%) are Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 146,630 (60%) are male
Read more here on how the healthcare law is making a difference in Connecticut.